Blogger Hisham Dahud maintains that it’s important keep revisiting the basics to keep your music career on track. Doing so allows you to think like a beginner again, back to when you could see clearly what you wanted. Unsuprisingly, the first tip regards revisiting and restating your original goals. Others include:
- It’s all about sales. Make sure you’re fairly compensated for your entertainment value.
- Network. Meet people that you can help, not just those who can help you.
- Avoid people who bring you down. This would include so-called friends who try to dissuade you from a music career.
- Keep learning about the business. Consider how music has changed within 20 years: home recording, internet distribution, the decline of the major labels. You can’t afford to stop learning.
- Don’t be afraid of risks.
These suggestions will help you move your career in the music business forward – however far along you may be now.